Transferring Credits

As a requirement for admission please have all final official transcripts from your high school as well as previously attended institutions of higher learning sent to McMurry University. McMurry will accept and award credit for college-level academic courses taken at regionally accredited institutions of higher learning subject to some limitations. The credit must be recorded on the college or university’s official academic transcript.

Transcripts are accepted electronically from services such as Parchment, ScriptSafe, Clearinghouse, etc. or can be mailed directly from the previous institution to the address below.

Send transcripts to:

Caroline Park
Online Enrollment Counselor
McMurry University
1 McMurry University #278
Abilene, TX 79697-0001


For additional information from the Office of the Registrar please call at 325-793-3888 or by email at

Transcripts will be evaluated after the receipt of all official transcripts.  

McMurry University has adopted the plan for transfer of coursework from two-year institutions as set forth by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board. The following exceptions apply:

  1. Remedial and vocational coursework and grades of “D” and below will not be accepted for transfer but are considered in the admissions decision.

  2. Students who have completed only remedial work at the college level will be evaluated as freshmen.

  3. Courses generally viewed as non-academic courses are not accepted for transfer credits.

  4. Athletic/sports participation and conditioning type courses taken in conjunction with or specifically for athletic participation are not accepted for transfer credit.

  5. You may transfer a maximum of 66 semester hours from a two-year college. No course taken at a two-year college can be transferred as upper division (3000 and 4000) work.

  6. No coursework will be accepted from an institution that is not regionally accredited.

Other types of credit that may apply

Military service school courses are evaluated and may be accepted for credit by McMurry University according to the recommendations of the American Council of Education’s Guide to the Evaluation of Educational Experiences in the Armed Services (ACE Evaluation Guide), current edition.

Anyone in the military services may request an unofficial evaluation of credit which will be awarded upon successful completion of appropriate subject CLEP examinations. (General CLEP exams are not accepted for credit.) 

Any credits that are to be awarded by evaluation, CLEP, or examination will not be officially recognized by McMurry University until a minimum of 12 semester hours has been successfully completed in residence at the main campus, at McMurry-Dyess Air Force Base Program, or in the McMurry Online Degrees program.      

Final acceptance of transfer courses, course equivalency, and credits awarded toward a degree at McMurry is subject to the approval of the Registrar. Your academic advisor will be able to review the results of your transcript evaluation with you.